Antics in Rome (Rome again)
We flew out of Spain early the next day arriving in Rome. Rome was the first European place outside of London that we visited and it was our fave place out of almost everywhere we went. The pastas and pizzas were excellent, the gelatos were to-die-for, and it was just the most romantic and magical place we've been to.
We'd booked back into the same hostel we stayed at the first time, Hotel Colors, as we were familiar with the area and also knew how to make our way around town on foot from there. We re-visited some of our favourite sights and even explored some other places more deeply than we did last time. I guess having been there before we could relax and didn't have to rush around and see all the sights again. We did take the camera around, but didn't feel too obliged to go and snap up everything again. We had some more excellent pasta and pizzas, we only had gelato once, we had great coffee, saw the Changing of the Guard, checked out some of the designer shops near the Spanish Steps, hung out at the Piazza Navona and just had a brilliant time.
This is at the Trevi Fountain after I proposed to Tammy. I'm very happy to say that she said yes!
Here's the happy newly engaged couple :)

We'd booked back into the same hostel we stayed at the first time, Hotel Colors, as we were familiar with the area and also knew how to make our way around town on foot from there. We re-visited some of our favourite sights and even explored some other places more deeply than we did last time. I guess having been there before we could relax and didn't have to rush around and see all the sights again. We did take the camera around, but didn't feel too obliged to go and snap up everything again. We had some more excellent pasta and pizzas, we only had gelato once, we had great coffee, saw the Changing of the Guard, checked out some of the designer shops near the Spanish Steps, hung out at the Piazza Navona and just had a brilliant time.
This is at the Trevi Fountain after I proposed to Tammy. I'm very happy to say that she said yes!
Here's the happy newly engaged couple :)

3 Comments:
Hi guys,
Just read the Rome blog and alsmost missed the part where you said you proposed to Tammy!!!
JUst wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS to you both! We're very happy for you and excited to hear a few more details....
Much love,
Linda and Scott
By
DnT Blog Guest, at 5:12 AM
Yes, Congratulations!
you really are too understated, where are the details?
btw, i haven't been able to leave a comment, don't know why. Some very nice photos of the two of you in recent posts, you must know how to pick your street photographers!
By
case-in-point, at 4:16 AM
Thanks Scott and Linda! So you DO read the blog huh? We'll give more details when we see you probably on NYE. And how about you guys? Wassup?
Tina, you know I can't give EVERYTHING away. I've got to leave something to talk about when we get home.
About the photog's, nup not really. With a lot of the other ones where the photo is just of our heads that's us. With the first photo, that was by a couple we asked. I think they thought we meant it literally when we said we wanted a photo of us. They kind of neglected to include the nice background. This was after I'd taken a photo of them for them. I'd even sat down on a step to get the right angle and everything. The other photo was from some German guy (I think). He seemed to know his stuff as he complained that his camera could focus on two things at once and that he could focus on us but not the background and vice versa. Turned out ok anyway. Good enough to catch the moment.
By
DnT Blog Guest, at 3:05 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home