Des n Tam >>>> tHe BiG tRip >>>>>> hOmE

Thursday, December 01, 2005

December already!?

Hallo,

So, how's it all going? Good to see you. Thanks for dropping by. Just thought we'd let you know what's going on in our lives, I mean, apart from the glitz and excitement of the "adventure", although I will make one last mention... We went and saw Mr Rob Lowe starring in a theatrical production of "A Few Good Men".

Rob Lowe? Yeah, big movie star, was in Wayne's World (1) and Austin Powers (1) and Austin Powers (2): The Spy Who Shagged Me? Not ringing any bells? St Elmo's Fire? OK, you must know this one: The West Wing. No, not Charlie Sheen's dad, the other guy. Well, the play was fantastic. Really enjoyable, and much better than that movie they did with Jack Nicholson and that Scientologist cradle-snatcher. The faux-American accents were a bit harsh though, but a fast-paced, hanging-on-each-word, suspenseful and funny show. What made this really special was that it was all free. No, we didn't sneak in (like all the other times). Tam, in her infinite brilliance managed to win a pair of choice (45 pound each) tickets. You just gotta love her. She can do no wrong.

Anyway, back to the harsh reality of London. Workwise, we've finally managed to settle in (a bit more than before). Tam's now getting stuck into her work and even comes home complaining about it (and the people). And despite being told by one of my recruitment agents that I could NEVER get a permanent position in London, I've finally got my contract and my first pay at my new job (hurray!). We're both working at Unis again. How crazy is that? Can we not get out of academia? Tam's one's better though. She's at Imperial College London, which consistently ranks third behind Oxford and Cambridge (or 'Oxbridge' as the locals call them). Me, I've found myself a happy place at the 6/7th-ranking University College London. Joy.

Tam reckons I'm getting boring now so I'll sign off here. Email if you want anymore details or just want to chat or anything. About anything... Like what's going on with our National sporting teams? Wallabies! Kangaroos! The Ashes!! What's the story!? How're we supposed to hold our heads high over here when the smug Brits, Kiwis, Saffas, and all the rest of them are laughing at us losers!? When will I able to wear my Wallabies beanie again with pride? A least we're into the World Cup. Go the Socceroos!

Love and that,
Des n Tam
xoxox

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home