Sunny Side Up
Tam read my last blog and reckons I'm becoming a whinging Pom. And starting off crapping on about the weather as well. My God! What is happening to me? Crikey!
OK, sunny side up. Things here aren't as dark or unenjoyable as I may let on. Things are on the up and we're still having a blast. The other night we met two of our new soon-to-be-housemates Tristan and Kelly. Nice kiwi couple. Despite being New Zealanders, they were very friendly and really nice. We'll move into our new temporary accommodation on Sunday. Not a huge move (its just down the road), but necessary as the girl (Tina Arena's cousin I shit you not) who we're renting the room off is coming back from her holidays.
The job front is looking quite bright as well. Tam's got two job interviews scheduled for the week after next (fingers crossed). I had an interview on Tuesday for this plush job and will get the (hopefully) good news today (fingers crossed). Other than that, I'm back at my old stomping grounds. That's right, a spot of temping at that place I was at a couple of weeks ago. Its just for four days. Yesterday, I checked mouse traps, put up some safety signs, walked around the building checking if lights worked properly or not, covered reception and just buzzed around the net. Tough job. And it's no way like I'm bludging. I'm a hard-working guy, but there's just absolutely nothing to do. I'm amazed they pay me. If the interview falls through, I'll be devastated. It is sort of an assistant events management thing for the City and would mean organising and attending parties with rich, old people and maybe some gorgeous, famous ones too. I even went and bought a £450 Pierre Cardin suit (that's about AU$1,080). C'mon, I only brought one suit here and I can't bloody wear the same one every day of the week! The best part is, I only paid £99 (AU$240) for it! They've got these excellent fashion outlet stores where they sell brand name everything for bargain prices. It's such a beautiful suit, and fits almost perfect. Just gotta alter the pants a bit to accommodate my short legs. If I don't land this job I've also had three recruitment agents saying they've got appointments for me. So no matter. And anyway, I've got myself a fantastic suit.
OK, sunny side up. Things here aren't as dark or unenjoyable as I may let on. Things are on the up and we're still having a blast. The other night we met two of our new soon-to-be-housemates Tristan and Kelly. Nice kiwi couple. Despite being New Zealanders, they were very friendly and really nice. We'll move into our new temporary accommodation on Sunday. Not a huge move (its just down the road), but necessary as the girl (Tina Arena's cousin I shit you not) who we're renting the room off is coming back from her holidays.
The job front is looking quite bright as well. Tam's got two job interviews scheduled for the week after next (fingers crossed). I had an interview on Tuesday for this plush job and will get the (hopefully) good news today (fingers crossed). Other than that, I'm back at my old stomping grounds. That's right, a spot of temping at that place I was at a couple of weeks ago. Its just for four days. Yesterday, I checked mouse traps, put up some safety signs, walked around the building checking if lights worked properly or not, covered reception and just buzzed around the net. Tough job. And it's no way like I'm bludging. I'm a hard-working guy, but there's just absolutely nothing to do. I'm amazed they pay me. If the interview falls through, I'll be devastated. It is sort of an assistant events management thing for the City and would mean organising and attending parties with rich, old people and maybe some gorgeous, famous ones too. I even went and bought a £450 Pierre Cardin suit (that's about AU$1,080). C'mon, I only brought one suit here and I can't bloody wear the same one every day of the week! The best part is, I only paid £99 (AU$240) for it! They've got these excellent fashion outlet stores where they sell brand name everything for bargain prices. It's such a beautiful suit, and fits almost perfect. Just gotta alter the pants a bit to accommodate my short legs. If I don't land this job I've also had three recruitment agents saying they've got appointments for me. So no matter. And anyway, I've got myself a fantastic suit.
1 Comments:
heyo babes,
leaving the big smoke to be a dirty goddamn hippie. Best of luck with ur jobs, you're gonna be just fine :-)
(after having 30 flavours of gelato in Rome, you've gotta be on the bright side)
By
case-in-point, at 12:32 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home