First Temp Assignment

I wrote this blog entry already but when I tried to post it at the net cafe their network connection died, so it was lost and I'm having to type it all up again. It was originally entitled "First Day at Work", but now that its the weekend, I've just finished my third day at work. I'm temping with a telecommunications company (Thus) as a Facilities Assistant. It was originally meant to be a three day assignment, and I'd like to think it was some inherent characteristic of myself that made them give me another week of work, but I think the pregnant lady who is sick (that I'm covering for) is still sick, so I still have more work. Which is good, as I'll soon be receiving some pounds to spend. The first day was soo boring. Couldn't really do much as they'd only set up my computer account and I couldn't access most things as it takes about half a day for the access to kick in. What my role consists of is taking room bookings (there's only been one so far and the other facilities assistant at a different site took care of that), walking around the building, getting the meeting room ready, and checking that things seem to be ok (no lights are broken, there's no stuff on the floor that shouldn't be), and covering for Bernhard (the German security guard/reception) when he steps out for lunch. The cool thing is that I've got a security pass and can get into any part of the building. The dumb thing is that there's not much to do, but hey, at least I'll be getting paid. The other cool thing is that its an independent role and I'm supposed to keep myself busy. My manager is located on another site and I've only seen her once (on the first day), and there's not many people in the office and they don't really care what I get up to. I'm also allowed to check emails and use the internet when its not busy. The other tasks I've been given to do seem so mundane, I think that I'm overqualified for this position. I've had to order water for the water coolers, check electronic mousetraps, make and laminate signs to put up, and escort contractors to various places in the building. Fun.
1 Comments:
lolololol. you look so respectable! (not a laugh of surprise, really!)
and it's sad if brighton's the best beach in ur vicinity...poor brits.
By
case-in-point, at 2:12 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home