...bored at work...
Slow day at work today... And there really isn't much to do (and probably nothing to do tomorrow either). I fired off an email to my boss asking if I can do anything but haven't received any reply back for an hour. That's what you get for being highly efficient. Today is the second last day of time here. I've had a good run. A 3 day appointment turned into 8 days. Money in the bank. And maybe a top reference as well. If I'm still temping in October I may even get a chance to come back and work for 6 months here, as the sick lady (who's now better) is preggers and will be on maternity leave then. At least I've got a job interview tomorrow morning (and Tam has one next week). It's *gasp* at another "university". I'll let you know how it goes. Hopefully it will work out fine or else I'll find some more temp work, otherwise I'll be unemployed again, which may not be such a bad thing for a little bit. Tam and I will be needing to move out soon so we've just started looking at places to rent. We're thinking about staying kind of in the same area (West London) and a bit out of the city centre. Although it's not Newtown, it's alright. Hopefully we'll be lucky and find something decent. A couple of the other places we've looked at already are too small, very shabby, or are just plain crap. The major factors we're considering are rent, fixed expenses (council tax, water rates, electricity, etc.), location and proximity to public transport and shops. We're not really asking for much ;o). One of our flatmates said to try and find a place that's advertised that has people currently living there (i.e. will be available soon). He said that the ones that are vacant and available are like that for a reason. Either they're just bad or the landlords are asking for too much. Good advice. So, we'll have to be in the right place at the right time and hope we get there before anyone else does. Fingers and toes crossed.
We haven't really got much planned for now besides trying to find a nice little crib. If it's a nice day on Sunday we'll probably have a day trip into Oxford. I can hear you laughing. "Nice day"?! in England?! No, I'm not joking. The weather here has been pretty good for us. Very hot and hasn't rained too much yet. And you can see patches of blue sky around in between the puffy white/grey clouds that dominate the sky. The sky seems so low here and packed with clouds. And then, Monday night we'll be walking down to the Hammersmith Apollo to watch Weezer (one of the best bands in the world right now). Can't wait. What? You've never heard of them? Do yourself a favour and go to the music shop (or download them from the net you cheapskates).
Just told people here in the office that tomorrow's my last day. They got all excited and were yelling out "leaving drinks!" Apparently I'm having to pay. Yeah right. "...And none of that Fosters shit". C'mon, really. Who drinks that stuff anyway? I've always been led to believe that Fosters is one huge practical joke that we Aussies play on the world.
We haven't really got much planned for now besides trying to find a nice little crib. If it's a nice day on Sunday we'll probably have a day trip into Oxford. I can hear you laughing. "Nice day"?! in England?! No, I'm not joking. The weather here has been pretty good for us. Very hot and hasn't rained too much yet. And you can see patches of blue sky around in between the puffy white/grey clouds that dominate the sky. The sky seems so low here and packed with clouds. And then, Monday night we'll be walking down to the Hammersmith Apollo to watch Weezer (one of the best bands in the world right now). Can't wait. What? You've never heard of them? Do yourself a favour and go to the music shop (or download them from the net you cheapskates).
Just told people here in the office that tomorrow's my last day. They got all excited and were yelling out "leaving drinks!" Apparently I'm having to pay. Yeah right. "...And none of that Fosters shit". C'mon, really. Who drinks that stuff anyway? I've always been led to believe that Fosters is one huge practical joke that we Aussies play on the world.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home