One week in HK already
I can't believe it's already been a week and in two more days Tam and I will be jetting over to London, where we'll set up a temporary crib for a year or so. This week has really gone really fast and I've grown accustomed to the weird and wacky inhabitants of this island city. I'd love to stay longer and explore more, eat more and shop more, but we've already made arrangements in the UK (temp accomodation and interviews with recruitment companies) so we've got to leave. I've had such a fantastic time, mostly due to the fantastic hosts I've had in Tam and her family. Everyone's really looked after us and made us feel really at home, and it does feel like "home". I guess this is a good thing in that I'll feel at home anywhere, as long as I'm with Tam.
We've both done some shopping (mostly for clothes, which are almost dirt-cheap) and eaten loads and loads of yummy food (the food here is also almost dirt-cheap). Hopefully, we'll have time to a do a bit more of both. Haven't really had time to sit down and describe all the events and sights and random things we've seen or eaten. And it's time to go out now! Coffee time. It's raining outside today, and friggin hot. Oh well, that's Hong Kong. It's been pretty decent to us so far. Hasn't really rained much since I arrived last week when it absolutely bucketed down.
Oh yeah, you can leave and read other people's messages on our blog by clicking on the green "comments" link at the end of each blog entry. So, please feel free to leave comments as we'd love to hear back from you about anything (news, opinions, suggestions, etc.).
We've both done some shopping (mostly for clothes, which are almost dirt-cheap) and eaten loads and loads of yummy food (the food here is also almost dirt-cheap). Hopefully, we'll have time to a do a bit more of both. Haven't really had time to sit down and describe all the events and sights and random things we've seen or eaten. And it's time to go out now! Coffee time. It's raining outside today, and friggin hot. Oh well, that's Hong Kong. It's been pretty decent to us so far. Hasn't really rained much since I arrived last week when it absolutely bucketed down.
Oh yeah, you can leave and read other people's messages on our blog by clicking on the green "comments" link at the end of each blog entry. So, please feel free to leave comments as we'd love to hear back from you about anything (news, opinions, suggestions, etc.).
1 Comments:
What a day to arrive into London. Don't worry you will get used to the bobm scares and the lack of garbage bins in the tube (in fact no garbabge bins). Don't leave any bags around or they will be taken away really quick and blowen up. It is a part of life where ever you go now in the world.
But be vigilant and keep safe and enjoy London for the interesting place it is (that is when its not raining)
By
Anonymous, at 4:58 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home